Welcome to Calton Creek, Arizona
At first glance, Calton Creek is no different from a score of frontier towns that sprung up around the New Mexico and Arizona border during the late 19th century.
Careful inspection however, would reveal that its inhabitants were made up exclusively of émigrés from Glasgow, Scotland.
Bud Neill's classic comic strip was first published in 1949 in Glasgow's Evening Times. It charts the exploits of Lobey Dosser, the sheriff of Calton Creek, from his journey from Scotland to Arizona, to his clashes with his arch-enemy, Rank Bajin.
There are five main sections to this site:
© NetSavvy Communications 1997
- Cast introduces all the main characters with links to many strips.
- Action allows the viewing of some animations.
- Author contains a brief biography of Bud Neill.
- Fan Club provides details of forthcoming events of interest to Bud Neill fans.
- Producers gives you the opportunity to provide feedback.
This site contains examples of strips from five Lobey Dosser adventures. Most pages carry links to strips, but if you prefer a complete list can be accessed here.